- Takes over the ownership of the kitchen.
- Has a passion for food and is able to teach and mentor staff.
- Hires, trains, and supervises the daily conduct of the kitchen personnel.
- Ensures that proper uniform standard is followed by all culinary personnel.
- Produces food with special attention to detail and recipe compliance.
- Ensures that all hiring and training standards are met and documented.
- Adheres to all health department, OSHA and ADA regulations.
- Supervises, trains and maintains daily reporting of time and temperature and accurate labeling, dating and rotating of all food products.
- Conducts weekly meetings, and ensures that regular trainings are occurring.
- Reports any injury, accident and/or foodborne illness incident for customers and/or staff accurately and in a timely manner to the Director of Operations
- Develops daily and weekly cleaning checklists for kitchen staff and oversees their accomplishment.
- Trains kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery.
- Establishes maintenance schedules in conjunction with manufacturer’s instructions for all equipment.
- Provides safety training in lifting, carrying, hazardous material control, chemical control, first aid and CPR.
- Attends monthly safety meetings and participates in safety inspections
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 10 hours
- 5 years as sous chef plus 3 years in a similar position in a like volume and quality food service establishment
- A culinary degree or equivalent experience
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) training
- ServSafe certified