This is a sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and building relationships with new and existing high influence Local Contract Customer accounts. The primary focus is to help MealPro customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This role is a hybrid position requiring the skillsets of both a Marketing Associate and Account Executive. It is aimed at handling accounts that should be managed inside but are higher touch than business traditionally managed by an Account Executive.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products and services to meet these needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers based on business needs and goals.
- Offer value-added services to Customers as needed to help support growth and customer loyalty.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, competitor products, prices, and sales.
- Understand Customer contracts and track compliance mutually.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to have and demonstrate basic business and restaurant operations acumen to manage Customers with multiple units.
- Ability to properly plan and execute business plans.
- Proactive, self-directed, with the ability to structure a weekly schedule to be successful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft spreadsheet word processing software.
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio.
- Demonstrated skills in the area of consultative selling, prospecting, networking, and negotiations.