About The Role
- Executes scheduling processes and activities consistent with defined procedures based on sales and operating forecasts and operational constraints.
- Responsible for determining, communicating, and monitoring production lead times based on calculated throughputs and current backlogs.
- Performs scheduling functions daily as customer demand generates, and weekly accordingly to plan.
- Analyzes data and reports defined metrics to analyze performance and develops mitigating strategies as required.
- Assists in development of sales and operation plan by plant as directed.
- Develops and maintains rules based scheduling criteria.
- Communicates exceptions between Operations and Sales in order to resolve challenges in a timely fashion and insure customer satisfaction.
- Understands upstream and downstream impacts of decisions in order to present viable mitigation strategies when required.
- Drive initiatives to identify opportunities for operations improvements, cost savings, and strategic initiatives
- Ownership of daily planning meetings to ensure alignment and accountability across the fulfillment center
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations management, engineering, math, statistics, or supply chain required
- 3-5 years of work experience as a scheduler/planner in a manufacturing environment or operations role
- Strong presentation skills and experience collaborating with stakeholders across functions
- Process oriented and system focused
- Knowledge of key process variables
- Results driven and able to work independently with limited supervision
- The ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment