Product Manager - Meals
What You’ll be Doing
- Oversee all R&D projects, from concept to realization
- Conduct market research and utilize past experience to develop successful new formulations
- Optimize manufacturing costs for each formulation
- Conduct all shelf-life testing and claim validation
- Work with cross-functional teams on commercializtion projects
- Ensure all requirements are met for each project, including internal and external audits, regulatory compliance, label reviews, BOM and raw ingredient specifications, shelf life, etc.
- Act as a customer proxy to test and measure against success criteria.
- Write product development briefs to outline requirements.
- Define product requirements for new and existing product categories.
- Monitor and respond to customer feedback.
- Ensure implementation is aligned with product goals.
- Own the success of the product development process.
- Continually improve the customer experience throughout the entire customer journey.
- Invent & simplify product design to deliver improved product efficiency.
- Find costs savings without impacting customer experience or value.
What You Bring to the Table
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in the food industry, in product or brand management in a fast-moving environment
- Minimum 4 years of R&D/New Product Development experience in the Food and/or beverage industry
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Management experience in a lab and/or R&D team environment
- Previous food industry experience.
- Experience in developing and evolving products and product portfolios
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on data.
- Ability to effectively manage consumer expectations and balance these expectations against company needs.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders across multiple business units and senior management.