For our ambitious, fast growing team, we’re looking for a Talent PR professional to help foster the rapid growth of MealPro.com. You can expect to find a team with an agile mindset, that relies on data-driven decisions and is encouraged to work with autonomy to deliver high quality results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform quality and continued outreach over multiple channels, including phone and email, leading to demonstrable results against campaign KPIs.
- Secure media coverage that effectively highlights our business.
- Establish and maintain media list.
- Serve as point of contact for all Public relations opportunities, providing day-to-day guidance on communications efforts.
- Build relationships with thought leaders/influencers to grow industry awareness.
- Identify trends and news opportunities for pitches, as well as develop creative ideas for lifestyle press coverage.
- Write, edit and proofread items such as press releases, articles, quotes and testimonials on behalf of the leadership team.
- Work alongside content, creative and demand-gen teams to keep projects running to time, assisting in the creation of timelines and press packs etc.
- Leverage existing interview and media presence for enhanced public footprint.
- Pitch the brand to communities, conventional and digital media, consistent with MealPro's digital profile.
- Identify opportunities for MealPro leadership to present the company to a broad audience.
- Support the planning and design of press events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of copywriting experience.
- Must have solid relationships with print and digital influencers, affiliates, brand ambassadors.
- Well-versed in the media landscape, specifically in the fitness, Tech, e-commerce spaces.
- Proven track record developing and placing stories in the tech and consumer lifestyle space.
- Must be available to work with flexible hours outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape and how to make the most out of a story, both nationally and regionally.
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to translate ideas into PR tactics.
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and timelines.
- A deep interest in food and online startups.
- Prior knowledge of Cision/Propel/Prowly preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in PR, communications, marketing, or related field preferred.
Perks & Benefits
- This is contract to hire role.
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Stocked kitchen – healthy snacks, artisan coffee..
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Paid Time Off