As food technologist you will revise and develop methods for safely processing, preserving, and packaging food along with searching for ways to improve the foods flavor retention and nutritional value. You will conduct tests to ensure that products, from fresh produce to packaged meals, meet industry, government and company standards. Duties include:
- Produce new flavors, foods, and products that will be popular with consumers. Write detailed recipes, equipment schedule and come up with all implementation aspects.
- Modify and improve existing recipes.
- Develop new products including ensuring quality control tests throughout the production process along with the application of HACCP and GMP's.
- Use formulator TM software for designing the labels, product formulation and ingredient functionality.
- Conduct training programs, Internal audits, lab trials to ensure the quality standards of the shrimp and other items.
- Improved the documentation & implementation of quality programs like ISO, HACCP & GMP's in the company.
- Carry out verifications of several running batches of food through pH test, acid test & drop test.
- Automate and design processes and machinery for the production of recipes on a large scale.
- Ensure that strict hygiene food safety standards are met.
- Identify and choose products from suppliers.
- Revise, plan and implement HACCP.
- Create dry rubs for use in our kitchen and resale
- Test samples, cooking methods, test different packaging solutions, test, test, test....
- Liaising with marketing staff to develop appealing products.
With regard to partnerships, your role is to create a sustained and consistent narrative for the technology vision that develops dynamically over the course of the project. The technologist keeps all stakeholders informed, invested, and engaged around how technology advances the goals for the spaces.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good teamwork abilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, especially with regard to food hygiene and safety.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- FSPCA preventive controls for human food certified
- Background in one of the following is not required but preferred: Nutritional therapy, product/process development scientist, quality management, regulatory affairs officer, scientific laboratory technician, technical brewer).