As food technologist you will revise and develop methods for safely processing, preserving, and packaging food along with searching for ways to improve the foods flavor retention and nutritional value. You will conduct tests to ensure that products, from fresh produce to packaged meals, meet industry, government and company standards. Duties include:
- Produce new flavors, foods, and products that will be popular with consumers. Write detailed recipes, equipment schedule and come up with all implementation aspects.
- Modify and improve existing recipes.
- Automate and design processes and machinery for the production of recipes on a large scale.
- Ensure that strict hygiene food safety standards are met.
- Identify and choose products from suppliers.
- Monitor the use of spices/herbs...
- Test samples, cooking methods, test different packaging solutions, test, test, test....
- Liaising with marketing staff to develop appealing products.
With regard to partnerships, your role is to create a sustained and consistent narrative for the technology vision that develops dynamically over the course of the project. The technologist keeps all stakeholders informed, invested, and engaged around how technology advances the goals for the spaces.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good teamwork abilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, especially with regard to food hygiene and safety.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Background in one of the following is not required but preferred: Nutritional therapy, product/process development scientist, quality management, regulatory affairs officer, scientific laboratory technician, technical brewer).